Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It’s the night and my thoughts are all directed to Ernest. I can’t think of anything else. The mention of his name in my head is an eternal music to my ears. I try to guess what my mother told him yesterday. She can be very mean sometimes but she only wants my good. It’s normal for a mother to worry about the future of her own daughter. I don’t know much about Ernest but my senses tell me that he’s a good man. Mother is deeply enraged about Ernest’s origins and his possible future in the society. I can’t wait to see him Friday. I will finally have the chance to express my real feelings for him. Flirting with him is like what I always dreamt about came true. Even if my family is not in accordance with my engagement to Ernest, I love him and this is the truth. I’ve decided to try and convince my mother even if she is hard headed.

-LADY BRACKNELL: (walks in the corridor to Gwendolen room) are you up dear?
- Gwendolem: (rapidly close the lights) Snore sounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment