Friday, July 1, 1994

Dear diary,


Recently, my sweet daughter was proposed to a man named Ernest. I was furious about that terrible news. How could a man that has no family and doesn’t care about the importance of family ties could even try to propose to my daughter who is much better educated and part of one of the highest families of society of London. My dear husband does not believe me, he thinks this is too awkward to be true In fact, he tells me I am going crazy. Well I don’t need him to make me change my mind on whether my daughter is getting engaged or not. I don’t know how Gwendolen could have fallen in love with this interloper. I am really not proud of my girl, this is not the way my husband and I taught our daughter. I find it very disgraceful that she even had the courage to say that she got engaged by a man of his kind. Not mentioning that I had to tell her three times to get to the carriage last Friday when we were at Algernon’s flat. I sincerely hope that Gwendolen does not see this man again. I will be around to make sure she does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment